So last weekend me, my brother, and my (recently reinstated) boyfriend and his family hiked the narrows in Zion Canyon together. It was probably the most painful hike I have ever attempted. Though I expected to be sore (it's a 16 mile hike) I greatly underestimated the toll it would have on my joints; especially my knees and ankles. By the time we reached the bottom of the canyon I could barely walk back to our campsite. The next morning as I hobbled to the bathroom one lady said "You look sore, did you hike the narrows?" I replied "Yes" and then she asked "Was it worth it?" Though my body wanted to say otherwise I would have to say absolutely. It was so beautiful and I really enjoyed the serenity and beauty of the canyon. The following day we hiked up to the top of Angel's Landing (I know I'm crazy). When we reached the top we were met by a beaming bride and her brand new husband. It was super hot and I don't know how they were able to bear wearing a tux and wedding dress in the blazing sun at 3:00 pm but I snuck a few pictures of them anyway.

This is us at the top of Angel's landing.
Me and my brother in the narrows. If I knew how much further it was I probably would not be smiling. Ha Ha.
1 comment:
We took a picture at that waterfall also, when we hiked the Narrows... I understand, I wouldn't have been smiling either if I had known how much longer we had to go! :) Hope you loved it though!
Post a Comment