Thursday, June 26, 2008

City of Rocks, Idaho





Last weekend I revisted the first place I ever went Rock Climbing. I can still remember after that first very nerve wracking scramble up "Practice Rock" my good friend Tammy turned to me and said "Maybe you've found your new sport." It was another 6 years before I really started climbing outdoors but it has been something I've loved ever since.




My and my good friend Patrick took turns leading a route called Jackson's Thumb. This particular route is a 4 pitch climb. A pitch equals the distance between the anchors and your belay, which means we climbed up to the chains, anchored in, and belayed our partner up 4 times. It was pretty high! This was my first multi pitch route so it was kind of thrilling. This is a picture of us up at the top.








2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had no idea you climbed...I am impressed! My only experience with climbing was the Rock Garden in Provo. It seems a bit preschool compared to what you climb and I thought the Rock Garden was challenging!

Rachel Doyle said...

Hey I just found your blog on Erin's --- How are you? We need to get together.. Call me.. Rachel