Recently I finished a baby quilt for my brother Mark and his wife Lani who are expecting a baby any time between now and the end of the month. It turned into a more elaborate project than I intended but now that it's done I'm happy with how it turned out. I learned how to machine quilt from an online tutorial. Since I don't especially care for hand quilting I thought this would be a fairly easy alternative and allow me greater freedom in the finished design of the quilt. 10 hours and five needles later I decided that it wasn't necessarily easier, though I'd hate to think how long it would have taken me to finish all of that by hand.
Friday, November 21, 2008
Quilting Fun?
Recently I finished a baby quilt for my brother Mark and his wife Lani who are expecting a baby any time between now and the end of the month. It turned into a more elaborate project than I intended but now that it's done I'm happy with how it turned out. I learned how to machine quilt from an online tutorial. Since I don't especially care for hand quilting I thought this would be a fairly easy alternative and allow me greater freedom in the finished design of the quilt. 10 hours and five needles later I decided that it wasn't necessarily easier, though I'd hate to think how long it would have taken me to finish all of that by hand.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Hey, to add the live feed you can click on mine at the bottom of it I think it gives you an option to add it. I hope that helps. Happy Thanksgiving!!!!
Wow..you are incredibly talented and patient!
Looks beautiful - when are you going to teach me?!?!
This quilt is amazing! I saw it with my own eyes and felt it with my own hands! :) You are talented!
Janae! That's amazing! I wish I had the patience to do something so domestic.
Post a Comment